Hyabak Caps® a dietary supplement containing Omega-3 and Omega-6
Hyabak Caps is a dietary supplement containing Omega-3 and Omega-6 essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals with anti-oxidative properties to help maintain vision.
Hyabak Caps contain Fish oil with 70% Omega-3 and Borage oil with 22% Omega-6 and are designed to help compensate for the imbalance of Omega-3 to Omega-6 commonly found in UK diets
What Is Dry Eye?
Having Dry Eye means that your eyes are irritated and sore: you may not have enough tears or the tears you are producing are of poor quality and/or that those produced evaporate faster than they should. The normal function of tears is to keep the surface of the eye wet and lubricated so any reduction in their quality can produce a gritty, burning sensation of the eyes that can sometimes disturb vision.
What are theSigns & Symptoms?
These can include:
• Dry sensation
• Excessive watering
• Gritty feeling / foreign body sensations
• Blurring of vision
• Redness • Tired eyes / wanting to rub eyes frequently
• Photophobia (sensitivity to light)
• Contact lens discomfort
• Irritation from wind / smoke / air conditioning
What are the causes of Dry Eyes?
Dry Eye can be caused by a variety of everyday factors including:
• Blepharitis (inflammation of the eyelids)
• Dry environment / pollution
• Computer use
• Hormonal changes (especially in women e.g. Menopause)
• LASIK surgery
• Preservatives in eye drops
• Certain types of medications (anti-acne, some beta-blockers, antihistamines, diuretics, decongestants and antidepressants) can also cause symptoms of Dry Eye*
• Dry Eye may also be symptomatic of general health problems or disease e.g. people with arthritis are more prone to Dry Eye
How can Dry Eye be managed?
In some cases symptoms can be relieved simply by altering environmental factors. For example, avoiding dehydrating environments (such as air conditioning), protecting the eyes from wind by wearing spectacles or sunglasses, drinking the right amount of water to stay hydrated etc. Also, for those that work in an office environment or with computers, it is important to take regular breaks to rest the eyes and blink normally.Because Dry Eye is related to an imbalance of the tears that impairs their ability to properly lubricate the surface of the eyes, one of the most common ways to manage this condition is by artificially supplementing the tears using eye drops.
There are many drops available for this purpose.Interestingly, growing scientific evidence supports the role of dietary supplements in the management of Dry Eye.*
Please note: do not alter your prescribed medicines without discussing with your Doctor. Your Optometrist or Doctor can advise of any known links between your medicines and Dry Eye.